Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Fun

I feel like I have a million things to do, and yet here I am blogging!

I took some clothes to the consignment store earlier. I was feeling all good about it. Clean up and out and maybe get some money from it. This was my first trip out there. Man, they are frigging picky. They won't take Levis, nothing for the home unless it is Christmas themed for now and you can't bring in anything in a bag. You have to bring stuff in in your arms! How dumb is that? I walked in with a ton of stuff and walked back out with like 80% of it. They actually kept an old Braves jacket that has never been worn and about 4 pairs of blue jeans. So, the next time the Disabled Vets are coming this way, they are going to get a great donation from me!!

I need to work on putting my marketing packets out. I am trying to get contract graphic design work. I have realized that working in a "corporate" environment is not for me. Actually, what I really want to do is to be able to make a living making and selling things in my etsy store. But, right after that, I would like to be a contract graphic designer who works from home and sets my own schedule. I know I can do it. I can't wait to get my certification from Emory. Then, I really will feel like I can do whatever I want to do!

It has taken me a long time to figure myself out - career wise anyway. I have a wonderful life that I love in all other aspects. It is just my career that is lacking and basically always has lacked. I suck at corporate games. I am not really that great working with a lot of women. I learned both of these the hard way. I am just a creative person who needs to do creative work. Whatever that may be. And, I am going to make this graphic design thing work if it kills me!

Ok - I do have other things I need to get to today. I have the second part of my InDesign class tomorrow! So - I will ya'll out later!

No comments: